If you like a visual guide, don’t neglect our complete Marriage-Based Green Card Interview Guide
发布时间：2020/03/11 Find An Asian Wife 浏览次数：3
Green Card Through Marriage Processing Time
Once you file the I-130 petition, the USCIS will designate your concern date, that will be the afternoon which they received your petition. The petition itself takes about six months to process, but you’ll never be capable of getting your card that is green until concern date is present.
Every year, the USCIS just enables a number that is certain of visas (green cards) become released. Then a backlog will build if the number of applicants exceeds the number of available visa numbers. Regrettably, there was often a backlog for every single marriage base green card http://www.latinwomen.net/asian-bride category.
The groups are divided in to choice amounts that are further split in accordance with your nation of beginning. Make sure to keep close track of the month-to-month visa bulletin given by the Department of State to see if the times match or pass your concern date. Whenever that occurs, your date shall be current and you will simply just take 1 of 2 actions to go forward:
- Modification of Status – this calls for just filing an I-485 type with all the USCIS and waiting on average 6 months because of it become prepared. In the event that type is authorized, your status will immediately be modified to legal permanent residency.
- Consular Processing – because of this, you will have to happen to be a U.S. Embassy or consulate in your house nation that is designated by the USCIS. You need to schedule a scheduled appointment and take part in a private meeting by having a consular officer.
Remember that, if you’re already within the U.S. Under a nonimmigrant visa as soon as your concern date is present, you are able to decide to adjust your status or proceed through consular processing. Nonetheless, you must choose consular processing if you are outside the U.S.
If you should be served with the decision, make sure to consult your immigration lawyer prior to making any choices. While adjusting your status might seem such as the more convenient option, it is the greater costly choice and that can additionally just take more hours to procedure, hence delaying your green card by marriage.
May I utilize Premium Processing?
Unfortunately, the premium processing solution is just designed for those trying to get green cards and visas that use the I-129 and I-140 petitions. Consequently, you simply cannot reduce the green card through wedding processing time using this solution.
Simply how much Does A Marriage-Based Green Card Cost?
The price a part of finding a card that is green marriage varies based on your actual age and immigration circumstances. The USCIS lists the green card expense cost as:
- $535 for the I-130 petition
- $85 biometrics solutions charge
- See this chart under “Special Instructions” for the price of filing the I-485 application.
- You can view our immigration that is flat lawyer on our charges web page.
It’s important to observe that they are just the costs that are mandatory by the USCIS. Opt for any travel expenses in addition to lawyer charges whenever assessing the total cost of your green card. See our immigration attorney costs for marriage-based green cards.
K-1 Visa to Green Card
If you’ve got a K course visa and desire to change to a green card through wedding, then this is actually the procedure:
- Have your better half file an I-130 petition on your behalf
- hold back until your petition is approved along with your concern date is present with all the last action dates give within the visa bulletin.
- File the I-485 kind to possess your K class nonimmigrant status modified to immigrant green card status.
Keep in mind, you may not need to go through consular processing if you are still in the U.S. Under K status. Nonetheless, the USCIS reserves the directly to mandate a consular meeting to your potential immigrant.
In some circumstances, your kids might be prospects for follow-to-join benefits. For those who have acquired your green card via an immigrant visa preference degree your kiddies aren’t permanent residents, you can easily submit the next what to the USCIS to allow them to become listed on you when you look at the U.S. Without filing an independent petition with the person:
- An I-824 Application to use it for an Approved Petition
- a duplicate of the I-130 which was useful for your card that is green a of this I-797 Notice of Action which you received for the green card petition
- a duplicate of one’s green card
Marriage-Based Green Card Denial
If you will get your card that is green by rejected, the USICIS likely included the thinking for the denial within the page. But, if you want to avoid a denial, here are a few associated with the typical reasons it might probably take place.
- Your card that is green marriage maybe not viewed as bona fide. When it comes to part that is most, in the event the wedding is genuine and also you and your spouse are not hitched for the single function of getting an eco-friendly card, you shouldn’t need to worry about this. Nevertheless, should this be the situation, you well can experience hurdles into the meeting procedure.
- Your history caused dilemmas. This will probably take place for those who have a problematic court records or you have experienced a history of breaking your immigration status into the past. From getting a green card by marriage if you have ever been considered “out of status”, that may preclude you.
- There have been mistakes in your petition. It does not make a difference whether there was information this is certainly inconsistent, incomplete, or incorrect, it all causes dilemmas in your petition. Nevertheless, in these instances, the USCIS will frequently just reject the petition as opposed to reject it. A rejection implies that it failed a preliminary stage assessing whether or otherwise not most of the information ended up being current and accurate. In these instances, it is possible to usually merely correct the error and refile the petition with a brand new filing cost.
In the event your marriage-based green card petition is rejected, the denial page will include guidelines for appealing your choice if that is the choice. If you opt to achieve this, make sure to have an immigration lawyer working for you, while the appeals procedure is really a delicate appropriate problem.
Hire an Immigration Lawyer for the Green Card Case
The burden of evidence to determine the legitimacy of this wedding falls upon the applicant. An attorney that is experienced direct you towards this task, both in planning the program precisely and in addition advising the applicant, about what kind of papers ought to be taken to the interview to improve the chances of success.
The immigration lawyers during the SGM Law Group have actually significant experience with all aspects for the immigration process that is marriage-based. Our Southern Florida Immigration Lawyers have actually effectively handled lots of fiancee marriage and visa immigration situations.
We now have assisted our customers through every action regarding the procedure including doing the application form types properly, planning and collecting papers and necessary proof, planning and associated both you and your spouse to your immigration interview that is final.
Our experienced immigration solicitors can give you advice about what you may anticipate when dealing with this procedure. To understand exactly how we can help you make an application for a green card through wedding, fill our immigration Consultation form out.
Once more, it is better to explore your entire choices before you begin the program procedure. Contact an immigration lawyer to understand exactly exactly what plan of action is most beneficial for you personally as well as your partner.